jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database PersistenceManagers (was "Results of a JR Oracle test that we conducted)
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:00:53 GMT
Hi Bryan,

do you think it would be possible to share the load-test (junit?) that
you conducted
initially with this list? I think we are still learning about the
performance related use
cases of content repository applications...

I think this would help to untangle the issues. while I agree that
there is room for
improvement in the area of concurrency, I think that there are other
areas that may
be more important for your real-life performance bottle-neck.

Generally, I would be interested to understand how many writes/updates to
the repository your application expects (let's say on a daily basis). Just to
get a feeling if we are talking about 1 update/s or 100 updates/s.

If you have such a real-life test that reflects the reading and writing patterns
of your application, would it be possible to share your performance goals
or expectations? For example, is the performance satisfactory if you use the
embedded derby persistence manager?

regards,
david