jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Noah Vihinen <nvihi...@maven.net>
Subject Observation within a Cluster
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:16:23 GMT
Suppose I would like to construct an EventListener that makes some
persistent change to the repository as a result of some type of node
being added.  For example, the event listener may create a new node
of a different type, or set some properties.  How do I ensure that
only one JCR server within the cluster processes the NODE_ADDED
event, so the resultant persistent change only happens once?

Is the only solution to add logic to my event listener to determine
whether or not it should proceed with the persistent change?
Further, if this is the case, are there any plans to make event
handling more efficient in the future, so only one node in the
cluster will receive notification of a particular event?

Thanks,
Noah