jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2007 - jackrabbit-jcr-demo
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 11:12:20 GMT
Hi,

> >        But wouldn't it make the application complex to use as a reference to
> > new comers ? Keeping my goal as to keep this application as a reference to
> > new comers would I be able to build a full featured Wiki ?
>
> Exactly. I'm inclined to prefer a simple blog application than a wiki,
> as blogs are nowadays more familiar to many people and the purpose of
> this GSoC project is to create an example application rather than to
> seriously compete with existing fully featured content applications
> out there.

Hm - although I agree that a Blog might be simpler, I think it' would
be useful to showcase the versioning operations if it's meant to be a
demo app for Jackrabbit. This is an area where many people struggle to
understand the spec and a real example could be very useful. On the
other hand, this area of Jackrabbit is pretty byzantine, so you may be
making trouble for yourself if you go down this route. Personally, I
don't see why either a blog or a wiki need be "fully featured". It's a
demo after all...

Miro