jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nandana Mihindukulasooriya" <nandana....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to start thinking in JCR
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 02:37:08 GMT
Hi Xin,
             Thanks a lot for giving me the starting point. Those
discussions you started on your application are really valuable for me and
I'm learning a lot from them.
              As a start, If we consider only a simple blog first with least
features we have users, blog entries and images attached to blog entries,
comments and rating.

Users has
1.    User ID
2.    Nick name
3.    Email
4.    Password

Blog entry has
1.    BlogEntryID
2.    Owner  :  An existing user
3.    Text Content
4.    Image Attachments
5.    Rate
6.    Date created

Image Attachment has
1.    ImageID
2.    BlogEntryID : Image should be related with exiting blog entry
3.    Image : Binary Image

Comment
1.    CommentID
2.    BlogEntryID : Comment should be related with existing blog entry
3.    CommenterID : Comment should be made by existing user
4.    Comment : A text comment
5.    Date created

              All the ids used here will have to be unique.  And the
specially mentioned fields must have referential integrity.
              I would like to have discussion on what are options I have
when I do object content mapping and what are the things I should consider
in more general context . If there are more options what are pros and cons.
I can spend some time on design phase as GSoc officially starts on April 9
and the date scheduled to start coding is May 28. Even though I would start
much before that, I would like to have a in-depth discussion as it would be
good for the new comers to the community.

Thanks a lot,
Nandana