jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nandana Mihindukulasooriya" <nandana....@gmail.com>
Subject How to start thinking in JCR
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:33:19 GMT
         I'm planning to do a jackrabbit-jcr-demo in the Google Summer of
Code and one of the important deliverable of it would be the documentation.
My plain is to raise questions and have discussions through out the project
and grab the expertise of all the well experienced jackrabbit programmers in
the mailing list and put it in to a documentation in a structured way so
that a new comer won't have to go through all the mail archives to find the

        So I thought of starting from the very beginning. Say if we are
using a relational database, we can model our data in business and their
relationships in an ER or an EER diagram then convert in to relations and
normalize them.  When we are using JCR what is the best approach for content
modeling? How should one start content modeling? I should thank Xin and
other developers for his discussion on content modeling, it is really
beneficial to me too and I am learning lot of basic things from that
discussion. I am following that discussion very carefully to learn things.
But here I raised the question again to get a more general answer at a more
basic level.

        I would really thankful if all the expert jackrabbit users can
contribute so that I will be able to document all the important points you
have gained through experience and it will be very useful to a new
jackrabbit programmer.

Thank you in advance