jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nandana Mihindukulasooriya" <nandana....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2007 - jackrabbit-jcr-demo
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:41:32 GMT
Hi Xin,
       First of thank you very much for you advice. First I thought of a
blogging application because I'm familiar with blogging web applications as
I'm already doing a blogging application even though I don't use Jackrabbit
for it. So I have some knowledge about the domain.

       But after your advice, yes, I may be able to show some of the JCR
features better on a Wiki than a blog. I think features like versioning and
text search will be more visible in a wiki than a blog. So it would be a
better idea to implement a demo wiki application.

       But wouldn't it make the application complex to use as a reference to
new comers ? Keeping my goal as to keep this application as a reference to
new comers would I be able to build a full featured Wiki ?

        About the time line, this is the time line Google has specified.
March 24: Student application deadline
        Interim Period: Mentoring organizations review and rank student
proposals
April  9: List of accepted student applications published on code.google.com
        Interim Period: Students learn more about their project communities
May   28: Students begin coding for their GSoC projects

       But I'm planning to start on this project as soon as possible. Even
these days I'm going through the JSR 170 specification and other Jackrabbit
related resources. I think I would be able to get help from the community in
the future too as these advices.

        About the source code,
      We should upload the source code to code.google.com/hosting as a
requirement of the Summer of code program. In addition to that, I think my
mentor will be able to publish the source code in the Jackrabbit site.

      Thank you once again and your feedback will really help me to improve.

Regards,
Nandana