jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kim Altintop <kim.altin...@gmail.com>
Subject How to deploy "model 2" with Jetty (was: Re: What is the DummyInitialContextFactory)
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:07:15 GMT

Hi,

Jukka Zitting wrote:

> In a production environment you'd more typically use the standard JNDI
> implementation of a containing application server.

regarding JNDI or "model 2" deployment, I would like to know if anyone uses
it with Jetty. I had this setup working with Tomcat but switched to Jetty
recently (at least for development). As Jetty doesn't support binding
ObjectFactories, I can't just use neither the BindableRepositoryFactory nor
the BindableRepository directly (it's constructor is protected, so I can't
"inject" the necessary parameters). I tried to use TransientRepository, but
that seems to generate overhead as it apparently "has some work to do"
opening and closing sessions as they are requested by the application layer.
However, if I bind the RepositoryImpl directly, the repository won't get
shutdown properly on JVM exit.

So what would you suggest?

Thanks & best regards,
Kim