jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From alartin <alar...@gmail.com>
Subject Some questions about Jackrabbit demo apps
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:23:20 GMT

Hi all,
 There are already many discussions about writting demos of Jackrabbit(say,
a simple blog app suggested by Nunny) for newbies. I think one of the main
challenges is that Java developers are not familiar with mapping their
domain model to JCR nodes(at least for me :)). JCR comes with a higher level
than RDBMS and gives much more benefits(version ability, for example). But
there are similar things left to developers: like designing tables in RDBMS,
they have to think about questions like when should I define my own node
types and how to achieve them. The chain changes from " domain model --> DAO
--> DBMS tables" to " domain --> DAO --> JCR Nodes". Hibernate(ORM) is to
fill the gap, so does Graffito(OCM). But Graffito is not released yet. Is it
reliable now? Do we need to use this mapping tool in demo apps or just write
many DAOs to manipulate underlying nodes? Should we define our own node
types whenever like we define our own class in domain modelling?