jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From alartin <alar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Impossible to manipulate lucene directly?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:06:09 GMT

PS:
  I think there are two level in search: System level and Application level.
The core of system level search is QueryHandler and jackrabbit uses lucene
to implements. It is a general method to handle all nodes and properties.
 But sometimes, I am much interested in the search of application level. For
example, a webpage node may contain
url property, title property, image nodes, and content nodes. As a user, I
am only interested in index and search title and content rather than url
property and other nodes which are considered in system level.
 So the question is same to how to custom application level index and query.
 The only way I thought is to develop your own index and search module using
Lucene and handle all the events include updating, re-indexing yourself. Of
course, there must be a lot of redundance and hard problems(such as
verions). Any helps?