jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From alartin <alar...@gmail.com>
Subject Impossible to manipulate lucene directly?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:59:44 GMT

Hi, all

   What can I do if I need some search engine like search functions rather
than XPath or SQLs? For example, I store some information in nodes, say one
webpage content per node and I want to find "similar pages" according to
their cotents. This is a simple task when I use lucene directly. But what
can I do if I use jackrabbit as underlying layer?
  And what can I do if I need some short description of the hit and
highlight the query terms??
  It seems Lucene is only used as a search library to implement the JCR
sepecification, doesn't  it? Is it possible to manipulate Lucene directly?