jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sudhan <s.kan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JCR Browser] Is there a way to update nt:file nodes property
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:16:17 GMT

Hi,

Now I have a event listener which listens for event : Node_Added

session.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(
					this,
					Event.NODE_ADDED,
					"/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage", // "/",
					true,
					null,
					new String[] { "nt:base" }, // parent of nt:frozenNode!
					false);

I am dealing with only nt:file node and jcr:content is mixin:versionable. So
whenever a new node is created I get an event with the new version say 1.1

My code further computes and finds out the file size of this updated or
inserted node. Also i need to set a property called as fileSize on the new
version node (1.1). But when i try to do it by performing checkout,
setProperty(), save and then checkin -  i am incrementing the version node
with 1.2 version. This i do not want to have 1.2 version as it is just a
update of fileSize property on version node.

Now when i try to set a property on parent node, here it is nt:file node, it
gives ConstraintViolationException on that node type.

Is there any way so that i can update the property either on the version
node or nt:file node without actually creating  a new version or throwing a
ConstraintViolationException.(I know nt:file does not allow setting a
property fileSize)

thanks,

Sudhan