jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From anton_slutsky <aslut...@applevac.com>
Subject SessionImpl.export*View() serialize with prolog set to UTF-8
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:58:48 GMT

Hello,

I'm running into a nasty little problem with the export*View() methods on
Session.  It looks like the OutputStream implementation has the encoding
part of the xml prolog hardcoded to UTF-8.  Thats fine for serializing, but
blows up when deserializing if I have any non-ascii content (my app is
i18n'd to spanish).  I've written a workaround and used my own
ContentHandler, but I'm wondering if UTF-8 is big enough for general usage?
And besides, I really dont want to have all those javax.xml.transform
imports all over the place doing nothing but supporting this workaround.

Thanks,
Anton