jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem when importing huge files
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:34:54 GMT
On 3/11/07, Sridhar Raman <sridhar.raman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 25000 thousand records in a file.  I tried importing 5000 in one
> shot, it happened quickly.  The same case for 10000 and 15000.  So I thought
> there wouldn't be a problem, and I attempted to import the 25000 in one go.
> The importXML command is executed properly (I got this from the log), but
> the session.save() seems to go on forever.  After a few hours, the file to

try increasing your jvm heap, seems like your jvm's gc got extremely busy
(just a wild guess of course).

i further suggest to use Workspace.importXML rather than Session.importXML
since it circumvents the transient space, i.e. lower memory consumption
and you don't have to call Session.save at the end.

cheers
stefan