jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Version Configuration Confusion
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:50:26 GMT
hi,
if b,c and d have OPV=Version you can do those operations.
to "undelete" a node, you need to know the version you want to restore, and
use the Node.restore(Version version, String relPath, boolean removeExisting)
method. eg: "A".restore("version of B", "B", false);

or you can restore it to a complete different parent, eg:
"someparent".restore("version of B", "newname", false);

regards, toby

On 3/21/07, harvey waters <harvey.waters@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm setting up some nodes to do the following...
>
> Node A
> |                |              |
> |                |              |
> Node B      Node C    Node D
>
> Is is possible...
>
> 1) to delete B and then restore Node A (in order to restore B), without
> affecting the state of C
>
> 2)  to delete Node B, then delete Node D, and restore A (to resore Node B)
> but without restoring Node D
>
> Finally, does anyone know if it is possible to un-delete a node without
> having to restore the parent node. Perhaps find the version using xpath and
> then restore it somehow?
>
> Help much appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Harvey