jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Web Application repository session management
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:48:03 GMT
i think it really depends on the sort of application. but consider
that sessions are not designed to be thread safe, so give at least
every request it's own session, but of course you can pool them (key =
credentials). creating the session itself is very cheep, but it hold
several caches that help speedup things later on. if you don't pool
the sessions your application will probably be slower. also bear in
mind, that because of those caches, every session needs memory, so
it's not a good thing to pool thousands of sessions.

regards, toby

On 3/5/07, Paul Eggerling-Boeck <paulboeck@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm also a newbie so keep that in mind when reading this.  Seems to me
> that you want a new Session each time (especially if you're working
> with user-restricted access levels), but to keep the Repository object
> around to be shared, essentially as a Session factory.  Sort of like
> the Hibernate model.
>
> Paul
>
> On 3/5/07, Angelo Immediata <AngeloImm@libero.it> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm newbie in JCR. What i'm wondering is: is it correct to do a lookup session search
for every operation into an web application? Or is it better to have only once the session
and work always with this object?

> > Thanx to all.
> > Bye

> > Mutui da 200.000 euro? Tassi ridotti da 4.25% solo per richieste online. Mutuionline.it
> > http://click.libero.it/mutuionline5mar07

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97