jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Debasish Ghosh" <ghosh.debas...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie help ..
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:49:38 GMT
Hi -

We are using Jackrabbit in an application which generates lots of reports
for the users. The reports are generated in volumes and consist of a mix of
static and dynamic ones. In order to improve response to the users, we would
like to deliver bulk of the reports through a cache. These reports will be
generated and stored in the repository, and when subsequent request comes
for generation, they will be rendered from the cache (with a pre-configured
expiry policy).

Jackrabbit offers node-caching. Would appreciate any best practice pointers
for this .. is it better to integrate a pluggable cache like EHCache or
JBossCache for this requirement ? If so, how do we integrate them with
Jackrabbit repository. Pls suggest.

Regards.
- Debasish