jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Manolo Gomez Lopez" <performa...@gmail.com>
Subject Customization of jackrabbit
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:31:56 GMT
Hi,

   I'm wondering if I can make the following modifications to Apache
jackrabbit or if there is any mechanism inside jackrabbit to get the same
results.

   We want to use jackrabbit to store user's documents in a
per-document-type inbox/outbox pattern ( just like the organization of a MUA
), maybe using a workspace per user?.

   Want we would like to accomplish is to let our users access their
workspace in jackrabbit via webdav, we would like to have our users mount
our webdav remote server using a personalized subdomain, something like:
http://oneuser.store.ourapp.com and get jackrabbit expose to the user only
its workspace. What would be the correct approach to solve this problem?

    - Build a new webdav servlet that is aware of the user that is accessing
its files and have it access only the branch of its workspace?
    - Modify current webdav servlet?

   By the way, and sorry about my lack of knowledge of jackrabbit
architecture, with an unmodified version of jackrabbit, if someone uses
http://server:8080/jackrabbit/server/default mount it as a webdav resource,
what one's get is a bunch of what it seems to be internal files and folders
of jackrabbit, something like jcr:root, jcr:system, jcr:nodeTypes and so
on...

    Is there any way of showing the repository of a user as the usual
folder/archive windows paradigm?

Greets,