jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.3 timeframe?
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:06:42 GMT
Hi,

Responding just to users@, please avoid cross-posting.

On 3/31/07, Noah Vihinen <nvihinen@maven.net> wrote:
> I was hoping someone could give me a general timeframe on when 1.3
> will be released.  I'm trying to figure out if we need to write a
> work-around for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-792 before
> our next milestone.

The earlier target of getting the release out by the end of March is
not feasible (I've been pretty occupied lately), a more realistic
release date is in mid-April. We already have all the essential pieces
of 1.3 (most importantly the bundle PMs, but also other performance
and clustering improvements) in trunk, so getting the release out is
mostly a matter of finishing up any important-enough open issues and
making sure that everything works fine. I think we can branch 1.3
already before Easter, but I'll need to review the issues in Jira
before coming up with a more detailed release plan. Since there are no
major changes in this release I expect the release process to go
easier and faster than with 1.2.

BR,

Jukka Zitting