jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two clients to the same repository...
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:27:37 GMT
Hi,

On 3/26/07, Bruno Miguel Duarte <est-b-duarte@ptinovacao.pt> wrote:
> For development propose only, how can I configure two repository clients
> (in different machines) to access the same repository and share
> searchindex info?

The easiest way is probably to have one machine as the primary
repository server where most content access is happening and use the
JCR-RMI layer to remotely access the repository from other machines.
This introduces a noticeable performance loss to all the secondary
clients, but is a relatively easy configuration to set up and manage.

For better performance you might want to consider using the new
clustering feature introduced in Jackrabbit 1.2. This allows you to
run local Jackrabbit instances on the separate machines, but still
have all their content synchronized as a single repository. Note that
for now you'll still need a clustered backend database and a shared
filesystem for the Jackrabbit clustering feature to work properly.

> I'm using MySQL as a persistent manager (SimpleDbPersistenceManager) and
> would like to store searchindex info in DB also.

While in theory it is possible to store the search index in a
database, it is not recommended for performance reasons.

BR,

Jukka Zitting