jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Profiling shows Session management to be a hotspot - session pooling etc
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:44:40 GMT
Hi,

On 3/27/07, David Nuescheler <david.nuescheler@gmail.com> wrote:
> the only issue that i am aware of with respect to concurrent read operations on
> a shared session is during shutdown under certain special conditions.
> generally an application should be able to concurrently read from the
> same session

Note that while this is currently true in Jackrabbit, it might not be
true in some other JCR implementation or in a future Jackrabbit
release. We might for example want to introduce some session-level
read cache that would not be thread-safe.

I would recommend using a thread pool instead of accessing a single
session from multiple threads.

BR,

Jukka Zitting