jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Full-text Search in several workspaces
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:20:16 GMT
Hi,

On 3/26/07, Alexandre Martins <alexandremartins@gmail.com> wrote:
> Imagine that each workspace has stored top secret informations, as example,
> one workspace stores "Sansung" files and other workspace stores "Motorolla"
> files. Unfortunately, I canĀ“t put these files in a unique workspace.
> But imagine that some users can access all workspaces (CEO as example),
> then, how can I make a search that return the results from all workspaces?
> After this, sorting by jcr:score (relevancy)...

I think your use case would be much better supported by setting the
access control policy within a single workspace than by using separate
workspaces (for which you in any case would control access).

For example, you could have the following content structure:

    /my:content
    /my:content/Samsung
    /my:content/Motorola

"Samsung people" would not have read access to /my:content/Motorola,
and "Motorola people" to /my:content/Samsung. Everyone could run
queries like /jcr:root/my:content//*[...] and only receive those
results to which they have read access. The "CEO" would have read
access everywhere, and would get results from both /my:content/Samsung
and /my:content/Motorola.

BR,

Jukka Zitting