jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node mapping question: when should I use subnode?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:35:36 GMT
Hi,

On 3/22/07, alartin <alartin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks to Brian. I am not sure about "I'd try to come
> up with a way to group the my:questions nodes to avoid getting an overly
> large set of children from a single my:qna node.". There may be ten thousand
> or more question nodes under one qna node in future. What's the way to
> group those nodes for better performance?

What would be the primary way of presenting the information to a user?
You wouldn't just want to put out a linear list of all those ten
thousand questions. If you plan to categorize the questions, then
that's a good candidate for also the internal content model.
Alternatively, if you're targeting a more blog-like time-based
sequence of published questions and answers, then a year/month
structure would probably be good. Some approaches could also organize
the entries by author or some other characteristic piece of
information.

BR,

Jukka Zitting