jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2007 - jackrabbit-jcr-demo
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:22:00 GMT
Hi,

On 3/20/07, John Liston <listonj@asconline.com> wrote:
> IMO there are already lots of JSPWiki users, JSPWiki is an easily-deployed
> WAR file and so makes a good demo, and building a JCR provider for JSPWiki
> is probably more limited in scope than even building a simple demo blog application.

For this GSoC project I would prefer an example application that is
built from scratch with clarity and documentation as the primary goals
instead of JCR-enabling an existing application. Existing "real"
applications always have a level of complexity that is not good for an
entry level example. Also, existing applications like JSPWiki have
external constraints for things like the content model that either
don't apply or are even detrimental to a "pure" JCR application.

BR,

Jukka Zitting