jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database PersistenceManagers (was "Results of a JR Oracle test that we conducted)
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:00:30 GMT
Hi,

[sorry to chime in this late in the thread]

On 3/10/07, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks for sharing your elaborate analysis. however i don't agree with your
> analysis and proposals regarding the database persistence manager.
> i tried to explain my point in my previous replies. it seems like you either
> didn't read it,  don't agree or don't care. that's all perfectly fine with me,
> but i am not gonna repeat myself.

It seems to me that *you* didn't read Bryan's points. He does have
some good points and just summarily denying them is not only wrong for
the sake of this argument but also very destructive for the community.

> since you seem to know exactly what's wrong in the current implementation,
> feel free to create a jira issue and submit a pach with the proposed changes.

Bryan, I would very much like to encourage you to pursue this
approach! I recall proposing similar changes quite a while ago and
would very much like to see how they would turn out to work in
practice.

BR,

Jukka Zitting