jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JCR Browser] SessionImpl.export*View() serialize with prolog set to UTF-8
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:12:52 GMT
Hi,

On 3/9/07, anton_slutsky <aslutsky@applevac.com> wrote:
> Basically, Session.importXml() blows up when the following string is present
> as a value of a property in my serialized xml: "Español".  The "ñ" character
> is causing the problem.  With encoding="UTF-8", my sax parser complains
> about an invalid character.  If I set encoding to UTF-16, the problem goes
> away.

What's the encoding of the XML document you're giving to the
importXML() method? I.e. how is the "ñ" character encoded? The XML
parser uses the declared encoding to transform the raw octet stream
into characters, and it's an error there is an octet that doesn't
conform with the declared character encoding.

Did you try validating the XML document you're trying to import? Try
validating the document at  http://www.validome.org/xml/ with the
"Well-formedness only" option selected. You should get a green "The
document is well-formed" result if everything is OK. Otherwise it's a
problem in your document, not the Jackrabbit import implementation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting