jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can I escape invalid chars in node name?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:18:44 GMT
Hi,

On 3/1/07, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> > There is a slow ongoing debate about how to best handle such names,
> > and whether there should be some standard escaping mechanism. My best
> > advice would be to use a string property if you want to avoid any
> > restrictions on illegal characters.
>
> Nit: but even with a string property there some characters will be
> illegal, right? Or wasn't that the agreed-upon answer on what to do with
> string properties that contain characters not allowed in XML (1.0)
> content (such as most control characters)?

No, the illegal XML characters only cause trouble with the XML import
and export features (see JCR-674). There should be no restrictions
when string properties are accessed using the normal JCR API methods -
anything you can express in UTF-16 (as used by Java) should be OK with
Jackrabbit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting