jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit modification and fitness
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:19:20 GMT
Hi,

On 2/28/07, Manolo Gomez Lopez <performante@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Apache jackrabit seems to fit in both categories wich is great, but we're
> wondering if it would be easy (are least if it is worth a try) to add some
> code to some methods of the WebDAV tier  implementation of apache jackrabbit
> to be triggered when invoked through that webdav protocol tier, I mean, we
> would like to have some actions taken when someone puts a file on certain
> folders.

Check out the observation feature from the JCR specification. It's
exactly what you're looking for and Jackrabbit fully supports
observation. :-)

> We also would like to modify apache jackrabbit's authentication mechanism
> (or chain a custom JAAS module) to use our custom authentication service.

The easiest way would be to use a custom JAAS module, as Jackrabbit
supports JAAS authentication.

> Our goal will be to have a JSR-170 repository with lots of user spaces
> where each user would be able to see their files and in certain folders our
> users would be able to put files which would trigger certain application
> logic.
>
> Is this possible?, is apache jackrabbit our choice?

Sounds like a good match for Jackrabbit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting