jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Johnson" <dbjohnso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Jackrabbit, RMI and JBoss
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:08:46 GMT
What version of JBoss are you using?

I have set up the same environment with JBoss 4.0.4 and everything is
working fine.

I put the jackrabbit-jca.rar file and the jackrabbit-rmi.jar in the JBoss
server deploy directory.  You also will need a jcr-ds.xml - or equivalent in
the deploy directory.

The code that I use to grab a session is below - this was the one area that
I had some issues with:

    static public Session getJackrabbitSession() throws RepositoryException
{
        Properties env = new Properties();
        env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");
        env.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "
org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");

        try {
            InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);
            ClientAdapterFactory adapter = new ClientAdapterFactory();
            RemoteRepository rr;
            rr = (RemoteRepository) ctx.lookup
("jnp://localhost:1099/jcrServer");
            Repository repository = adapter.getRepository(rr);
            Credentials credJBoss = new SimpleCredentials("username",
"password"
                    .toCharArray());
            return repository.login(credJBoss);
        } catch (NamingException ex) {