jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sriram Narayanan" <sriram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy "model 2" with Jetty (was: Re: What is the DummyInitialContextFactory)
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:09:03 GMT
On 3/22/07, Kim Altintop <kim.altintop@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> >
> > In a production environment you'd more typically use the standard JNDI
> > implementation of a containing application server.
> >
> regarding JNDI or "model 2" deployment, I would like to know if anyone uses
> it with Jetty. I had this setup working with Tomcat but switched to Jetty
> recently (at least for development). As Jetty doesn't support binding
> ObjectFactories, I can't just use neither the BindableRepositoryFactory nor
> the BindableRepository directly (it's constructor is protected, so I can't
> "inject" the necessary parameters). I tried to use TransientRepository, but
> that seems to generate overhead as it apparently "has some work to do"
> opening and closing sessions as they are requested by the application layer.
> However, if I bind the RepositoryImpl directly, the repository won't get
> shutdown properly on JVM exit.

I've written a ServletContextListener that initializes
TransientRepository on contextInitialized and sets this into a class
level variable, and then invokes shutdown on this repository during

This works fine for me, and I don't have issues with "index segments
not found", "repository folder is already in use", etc any more.