jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: SimpleWebdavServlet: problems with LOCK and UNLOCK
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:39:26 GMT
hi

if i'm not mistaken JCR-441 deals with session-scoped locks,
that must be released whenever the lock-holding session
is logged out.

however, the simple-dav-servlet does create open-scoped
locks. during normal workflow Word unlocks the resource as soon
as a user has finish editing the document by closing it.

but you are right, if you shut down the server that lock
will not be released. this is a general issue with
open-scoped locks: if you loose the lock-token there is
no reasonable way to remove the lock.

i don't think that its the job of the webdav-servlet to
guess if an open-scoped lock should be released or not.
this is rather an 'administrator' task to make sure, that
such abandoned locks can be removed again.

regards
angela