jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: SimpleWebdavServlet: problems with LOCK and UNLOCK
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:29:29 GMT
Dietmar Gräbner schrieb:
> hi
>
> I'm editing rtf documents via Word and the SimpleWebdavServlet. The data
> is kept in an Oracle instance. Everything works fine except you shut
> down the server while a user is editing a document. The lock the user
> has on the node isn't released - so after a restart of the server the
> document can't be modified anymore.

I would say this is exactly how a WebDAV lock is supposed to work.

> Usually the session should unlock the node when released. I think [

But that's only true for session-scoped locks, right?

> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-441?page=all ] deals with the
> same problem and is fixed in the latest version 2.2.2. I tried it with
> the latter but the problem still exists.

I think what's really missing in both JSR-170 and Jackrabbit is a way to
specify lock timeouts for open-scoped locks (in which case a MS Office
lock would disappear after 180 seconds).

Best regards, Julian