jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alessandro Bologna" <alessandro.bolo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which subset of XPath is implemented in Jackrabbit?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:01:57 GMT
Uwe,

please don't take my response as an 'official' one, but looking at the
source code of

org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.XPathAxisTest.java  can reveal what axis
are supported, and yes, ancestor is not supported.
>From a quick glance, I would say that the child axis, the descendant and
self and the index are supported.

in other words, you can use things like //a//b/*/c[4], but not much else.
And, i think that only the abbreviated notation is supported.

Again, please don't take my word as an 'official' answer.

Alessanddro bologna