jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Profiling shows Session management to be a hotspot - session pooling etc
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:38:16 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 March 2007 14:45
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Profiling shows Session management to be a hotspot - session
pooling etc

Hi,

On 3/27/07, David Nuescheler <david.nuescheler@gmail.com> wrote:
> the only issue that i am aware of with respect to concurrent read
> operations on a shared session is during shutdown under certain special
conditions.
> generally an application should be able to concurrently read from the
> same session

Note that while this is currently true in Jackrabbit, it might not be true
in some other JCR implementation or in a future Jackrabbit release. We might
for example want to introduce some session-level read cache that would not
be thread-safe.

I would recommend using a thread pool instead of accessing a single session
from multiple threads.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

All New Yahoo! Mail  Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html