jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Barriball" <sbarr...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject JackRabbit Secutiy: JAAS and Acegi
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:38:59 GMT
Hi all,
We're reviewing appropriate security solutions for a web-based application
sitting on top of JackRabbit.
As we're already using Spring it seemed reasonable to consider Acegi.
Furthermore we'd ideally like to delegate the authentication down to
JackRabbit so that any other clients of the repository are subject to the
same security - rather than building the security into the web-client and
leaving the JCR repository wide open.

I've read a variety of threads, mostly from 2005/2006 on using JAAS and/or
Acegi e.g.
http://www.mail-archive.com/acegiwebdav-developer@lists.sourceforge.net/msg0
0022.html

Any useful experiences, recommendations or comments relating to providing a
simple and reliable security solution for a Spring/JackRabbit platform?

Regards,
Shaun

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC
Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html