jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Richard A. Steele <gm...@steelezone.net>
Subject Re: How best to install seed data & types with JackRabbit
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:39:21 GMT
> we (day corp.) already have such a packaging mechanism which we use
> for our own product and we use for all of our content deployment and
> repository bootstrapping. we decided to contribute this to jackrabbit
> within the next weeks. this will go most probably to jackrabbit
> release 1.3.
>
> regards, toby

This looks like a good way to seed an initial version.  Is it possible to do
transformations on the information?  I'm still looking for a good mechanism for
dealing with upgrading (and heaven forbid, downgrading) a repository over a
series of versions.  We're planning a product with many public iterations, and I
doubt we'll get the repository structure correct on the first day.

How do others handle upgrading a repository for new releases of the application?

Thanks,
Rich