jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is JCR/Jackrabbit Appropriate for Complex Java Object Persistence?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:13:52 GMT
Hi Tom,

I believe that you are using JCR exactly right.
There are many reasons why JCR is better suited for object persistence
than an RDBMS, understanding inheritance to just mention one.
You may find an ongoing effort to offer Object-Content-Mapping in Graffito
http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/jcr-mapping/index.html

I am convinced that the reason that we see so many "Content Applications"
that revolve around Document Management, Wiki's or other classical CMS
applications is really lack of imagination ;) .

You may find my views on that particular subject in the following
presentation that I recently gave at the Content Managent Forum
in Denmark:
http://www.day.com/o.file/cmf-2006.pdf?get=073d75dc38e1f3af470652f5e9086972
(Slides 31-35 are speaking about that very topic)

regards,
david