jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Nuescheler" <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Versioning
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:55:07 GMT
hi andrea,

> so, basically, what is the best way to do this in a single workspace?
this is exactly what workspaces are designed for.
so the single best way to do what you would like to achieve in a content
repository is to have multiple workspaces "draft", "stage" and "public".

there is no good way to do that with a single workspace since you would
be emulating functionality provided by the repository in your own application
code. there are numerous bad ways though, to simulate your usecase in a single
workspace.

is there an issue with using multiple workspaces?

<not-entirely-serious>
to me this conversation sounds similar to:
Q: I want to have multiple updates to a relational database table
committed in an atomic fashion, how do i do that?
A: Use the built-in transactions!
Q: ...but how do i do it without transactions?
A: why would you?
</not-entirely-serious>

regards,
david