jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence Manager in Production Environment
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:31:38 GMT
On 2/21/07, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> do you use the SimpleDbPersistenceManager for berkleydb ?

Nope... there is a special PM for BerkleyDB in the contrib folder.
Because of the licensing differences Jackrabbit (ASF) cannot
distribute it, but building it is a no-brainer.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 11:39
> An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: Persistence Manager in Production Environment
>
> On 2/21/07, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> > i'd suggest, for now, using jackrabbit's default configuration, i.e.
> > DerbyPersistenceManager, since it's been extensively tested and since
> > it is pretty fast (considerably faster than the oracle pm).
> >
> > cheers
> > stefan
> >

> I am quite happy with BerkleyDB (indeed there was no need to share the storage).
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.
> _____________________________________
>   Alexandru Popescu, OSS Evangelist
> TestNG/Groovy/AspectJ/WebWork/more...
>   Information Queue ~ www.InfoQ.com
>
> > On 2/21/07, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> > > We are on the road to use jackrabbit in our production environment but i'm
not sure
> > > which persistence manager we should use.
> > >
> > > I have made some tests with the j2c adapter in combination with the oracle
db pm
> > > to get a atomar transaction through the pm.
> > > A reason for db is also the easy way to backup/restore the data.
> > >
> > > On the other hand is the filesystem, no atomar transaction but it is fast.
we think we get about 1-2 Million documents in jackrabbit
> > > and then the backup is no more really possible on filesystem beacuse if i use
objectpersistenmanager i get about
> > > 6-10 files per node on fs (6*2Million files effectivity). On crash to recover
these files take really long :-)

> > > A good message is that day will offer there pm's, so the node propertys will
no more be stored in seperate files ..