jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From KÖLL Claus <C.KO...@TIROL.GV.AT>
Subject Persistence Manager in Production Environment
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 07:31:10 GMT
We are on the road to use jackrabbit in our production environment but i'm not sure
which persistence manager we should use.

I have made some tests with the j2c adapter in combination with the oracle db pm
to get a atomar transaction through the pm.
A reason for db is also the easy way to backup/restore the data.

On the other hand is the filesystem, no atomar transaction but it is fast. we think we get
about 1-2 Million documents in jackrabbit
and then the backup is no more really possible on filesystem beacuse if i use objectpersistenmanager
i get about
6-10 files per node on fs (6*2Million files effectivity). On crash to recover these files
take really long :-)

A good message is that day will offer there pm's, so the node propertys will no more be stored
in seperate files ..

I hope i get some experience ...
thanks
claus