jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Wolf Benz <euroj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: existing DB: how to begin...
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:05:48 GMT
That's indeed what I meant :-)
The reply's not what I had hoped for, but thx anyway!
If only because this is always the question you get when you try to
pomote "JCR": "can we reuse our old data?" (which is, business wise,
a perfectly valid question as well!!)
--> From yr reply I think the reply to this one is then: yes, but not
without serious (one-time)support of a DBA that does a one-time
migration...

Wolf

On 06 Feb 2007, at 13:23, Jukka Zitting wrote:

Hi,

On 2/5/07, Wolf Benz <eurojava@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I have a very common question:
> Is it possible to use JSR-170 when your data ALREADY EXISTS...?
> How you you map thsi then? ("this" being yr brand new nodes you wish
> to use in yur new apps & your old DB-data)

You mean you have a custom database schema and want to access it
through the JCR API? Unfortunately I don't know of any JCR
implementations that currently do this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting