jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Davis <brda...@bea.com>
Subject Re: 1.2.x repository hanging for 1+ minutes... (CacheManager resizeAll size=6)
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:18:31 GMT
Those messages may be a red herring, but they do seem to coincide with slow
response time, and are frequently reported by users during periods of slow
response.

We are still investigating an issue related to iterating through the results
of a query (during which many of these messages are emitted)...

I will try to get a thread dump and post it later on today.

Bryan.

On 2/22/07 5:04 AM, "Brian Thompson" <elephantium@gmail.com> wrote:

> They appear with such frequency that they are alarming (i.e. several
> times per request).  Also, it seems like CacheManager resizing slows
> down response time in my web application.
>
> -Brian
>

> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
>> On 2/21/07, Brian Thompson <elephantium@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I see similar behavior: I'll get CacheManager.resizeAll(90) | resizeAll
>>> size=x
>>> where x starts at 4, then creeps up as I perform more repository
>>> operations
>>> in my project.
>>>
>>> In my case, though, I only see CacheManager's messages a few at a time
>>> (1-6,
>>> usually). I'd like to tweak the configuration, but I'm not sure where to
>>> start.
>>
>> why do you want to tweak the configuration? please note that the cache
>> manager msg's are nothing to be worried about, there's nothing wrong
>> with those cache manager msg's, they're  logged as 'INFO' ...
>>
>> cheers
>> stefan

by email and then delete it.