jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sandro Boehme" <sandro.boe...@inovex.de>
Subject AW: Anyone using JCR Browser???
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:48:12 GMT
You need to have dependencies, because connecting to a JCR is not specified in JSR-170. It
will probably be specified in JSR-283.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sandro Boehme [mailto:sandro.boehme@inovex.de]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Februar 2007 14:44
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: AW: Anyone using JCR Browser???

Hi,

the UI-Plugin of the JCR Browser does not depend on a JCR implementation like Jackrabbit.
It does not even know the Jackrabbit jar files. This means the JCR Browser is "pure JCR".
It uses some kind of "connector" architecture that is based on Eclipse Plugins. At the moment
there are three connectors. There is one for the jLibrary DMS, one for a RMI connection and
one local Jackrabbit connection. It is also possible to create a connector for Alfresco, Exo
or other JCR implementations. The local Jackrabbit connection contains the Jackrabbit jar's.
In earlier days I explicitly called the shutdown() method in the local Jackrabbit connection
because for some reason it did not work in an other way. I will try to only call the "logout"
method. As this logs out the only javax.jcr.Session it should automatically shutdown the repository.
I will try that when I have the time.

Bye,

Sandro