jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: use of BindableRepository and RepositoryImpl ?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:50:15 GMT
hi ruchi

On 2/28/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>   Both org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository  and
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl implements javax.jcr.Repository
> How do make a choice /
>

> I am using   the following :
>
> RegistryHelper.registerRepository(ctx, REPOSITORY_NAME,
> REPOSITORY_CONFIG, REPOSITORY_DIR, true);
> Repository repository = (RepositoryImpl) ctx.lookup(REPOSITORY_NAME);
>
> The repository which gets returned is BindableRepository.
>
> Should I be using RepositoryImpl and its respective methods ? What is
> the difference ?

normally you shouldn't care about the specific class implementing the interface.
unless you have to use implementation specific methods you should always
just use the JCR api, e.g. javax.jcr.Repository.

wrt the difference between BindableRepository and RepositoryImpl:
the javadoc of BindableRepository should answer your questions.

cheers
stefan