jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle JDBC and persistence managers
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:23:38 GMT
On 2/21/07, Shaun Barriball <sbarriba@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The "Oracle JDBC & JCA Connection questions" thread has included a number of
> useful recommendations on which Persistence Managers to use, over and above
> info available on the faq
> (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/faq.html#pm-available)
>
> Is there a good resource which summarises all the latest known info on
> Persistence Managers?
>
> For our own setup I'm specifically interested in:
>  1) what are the benefits of using the SimpleDbPersistenceManager versus
> OraclePersistenceManager when using Oracle? (We're using Oracle and hadn't
> realised there was a dedicated manager)

i wrote the dedicated oracle pm because SimpleDbPersistenceManager
didn't work with certain oracle jdbc driver/db versions. i am
surprised that SimpleDbPersistenceManager works for you on oracle ;)

what i know for sure is that the geenric DatabaseFileSystem doesn't
work with oracle.

>  2) is anyone out there using MySql with the SimpleDbPersistenceManager?
>
> We've already found Oracle/SimpleDbPersistenceManager to be much faster than
> DerbyPersistenceManager.

this is hard to believe, i experienced the exact opposite. anyway, i
am glad that it is fast ;)

cheers
stefan