jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence Manager in Production Environment
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:54:37 GMT
On 2/21/07, KÖLL Claus <C.KOELL@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> hi stefan,
> thanks for your information ..
> do you prefer to use the j2c adapter in a production environment
> to get a xasession (atomic transaction) ? the problem for me is that we are running in
a websphere environemnt
> and i'm not able to run the j2c adapter on it @see JCR JCR-743.

personally i don't think that it is a good idea to use managed
connections underneath jackrabbit. the persistence layer of jackrabbit
should imo be as close to the backend as possible, i.e. control the
lifecycle of the jdbc connection used. but that's a different topic.

> Maby somebody has experiences with websphere ??

i don't :)

we get about 1-2 Million documents in jackrabbit
> > and then the backup is no more really possible on filesystem beacuse if i use objectpersistenmanager
i get about
> > 6-10 files per node on fs (6*2Million files effectivity). On crash to recover these
files take really long :-)

> > A good message is that day will offer there pm's, so the node propertys will no
more be stored in seperate files ..

> > I hope i get some experience ...
> > thanks
> > claus