jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom database schema ddl
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:05:33 GMT
On 2/15/07, David Moss <mossdo@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I've done as you suggested, replaced schemaObjectPrefix values, and deleted
> the repository folders but the same errors still come up.
>
> Any other ideas?  I don't think the repository initialisation has even got
> to the point of creating the repository database tables, because when I look
> at the database after the exception its empty (unless it tries to create
> them within some kind of transaction?).

strange. the database tables are not created within a transaction.
they must have been created, otherwise you wouldn't get to the point
where the exception is thrown, i.e.

Caused by: java.io.EOFException
       at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(Unknown Source)
       at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.util.Serializer.deserialize(Se
rializer.java:153)
       at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.
load(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:345)

i installed ingres (sigh!) and tested with your ddl.

here's my configuration:

   <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager">
      <param name="driver" value="com.ingres.jdbc.IngresDriver"/>
      <param name="url" value="jdbc:ingres://localhost:II7/demodb"/>
      <param name="schema" value="ingres"/>
      <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
      <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
    </PersistenceManager>

everything worked so far. i guess in your case there must be a problem
with some left-over data from previous attempts.

you probably have to do some debugging. i am not familiar with ingres and i
already deinstalled it ;-)

cheers
stefan