jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: workspace.clone()
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:37:42 GMT
hi brian,

On 2/5/07, Brian Thompson <elephantium@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to work with multiple workspaces in my repository, one workspace
> for each language that the application will support.  To create nodes, I'm
> doing
>
> //default workspace
> parentNode.addNode("company", "my:Type");
>
> //log in to first workspace
> ws1.clone("default", "/company", "/company", true);
>
> //log in to second workspace
> ws2.clone("default", "/company", "/company", true);
>

> default: company UUID:  1234-5678
> ws1:     company UUID:  2468-2468
> ws2:     company UUID:  2468-2468
>
> According to the javadocs, clone doesn't assign new UUIDs.  However, when I
> look up the properties on these nodes, I find that the node in the default
> workspace has one UUID, and the nodes in the other workspaces has a
> different UUID!

very strange indeed! the only explanation i can currently think of is that your
node type my:Type does not include mix:referenceable. but that wouldn't
explain why the corresponding nodes in ws1 & ws2 share the same UUID...

how do you access the repository? locally, using RMI or through JCA?

i quickly tested with jackrabbit running locally, i wasn't able
to reproduce the issue, i.e. all 3 nodes shared the same
UUID.

as you seem to be able to reproduce the issue, please create a jira
issue and ideally provide a small test case that demonstrates the problem.

thanks
stefan