jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Jackrabbits using the same database for read operations
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:59:04 GMT
On 2/1/07, Sriram Narayanan <sriramnrn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Assume a Content Repository store that we will only read from. In such
> a case, would it be possible for multiple instances of JackRabbit to
> hit the same database ?

i've never tried it but i guess it should work as long as there are
strictly no write
operations on the repository.

> Are there any lessons learned when trying such an action ?

it won't be possible to share the repository home directory among
the jackrabbit instances since the repositry .lock file would prevent this.

you therefore have to make sure that every instance uses an identical copy
of the repository home directory. this might be inefficient because of
redundant lucene indexes etc.

cheers
stefan