jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From avim <avi.mor...@timetoknow.org>
Subject many to many relations/flexible hierarchies/references
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:29:24 GMT

I have many to many relations represented in JCR by multi-valued REFERENCE
properties and usually the order is crucial. I've found out that jcr:deref
doesn't maintain the order of (it's input) multi-valued REFERENCE properties
- related to xml document order...
The typical query is:
//*[@prop1='value1']/jcr:deref(@references,'*')[@prop2='value2' or
@prop2='value3']
The question is how do I something like that without jcr:deref?
How do I configure/disable document order behaviour? will it help?
This also brings up the question what about relationship specific data?
Any best practices for JCR "connection objects" like connection tables in
RDBMS? and for  many to many relations in general? assuming that flexible
hierarchies are required?