jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization of property values
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:25:50 GMT
the most straightforward approach is to have a i18n node, called
'title' instead of just a property. that node contains the titles for
all languages:

+ movie1
   + title
      - en = "English Title"
      - fr = "French Title"
      - de = "German Title"

regards, toby

On 2/28/07, Waldemar Baraldi <waldemar.baraldi@globant.com> wrote:

> Hi  all,
>
> I want my nodes to  have internationalizable properties. Let's say a node of type movie
has a  string property called 'title', I want to set the value to that property in  different
languages. I don't want to have multiple nodes (for the same  movie) just to maintain translations.
I believe the JCR standard doesn't support  something like that. I'm thinking about how to
implement something like  this.

> Any help, ideas or  shared experience will be greatly welcome.
>
> Thanks in  advance.
>
> Waldemar
>

> Waldemar        Baraldi
> Software        Developer